FA 'BRINGING OPPORTUNITIES TO COMMUNITIES' COMMUNITY CONSULTATION FORUMS 2018
Bringing Opportunities to Community was The FA's first plan to address Asian Inclusion in the grassroots game. This plan was launched in 2015 after consultation with Asian communities in eight different parts of the country. As the first stage of that plan has now concluded, we are revisiting those communities and those venues to ask you how you feel about football now.
These community consultations will be a mixture of presentation, consultation and workshop. Every event will be free of charge, accessible and refreshments will be provided. Below are the list of events taking place, please use the drop down menu on the booking sheet to select your chosen venue. We have partnered with Sporting Equals to help us gain insight into the impact of our work and capture feedback at the forums to help shape how we move forward.
Anyone wanting to attend these events MUST, due to security requirements book via this booking link: Book here
• Forum 1 - Monday 1 October, 6.30-9pm Venue: Middlesex FA, Rectory Park, 163 Byron Way, Northolt UB5 6BB
• Forum 2 - Monday 8 October, 6.30-9pm Venue: Vallance Community Sports Association. SHA Community Centre, 117 Vallance Road, London E1 5BW
• Forum 3 - Monday 15 October, 6.30-9pm Venue: Luton Town Football Club, Kenilworth Road Stadium, 1 Maple Road, Luton, Bedfordshire LU4 8AW
• Forum 4 - Monday 5 November, 6.30-9pm Venue: Walsall FC, The Banks's Stadium, Bescot Crescent,Walsall West Midlands WS1 4SA
• Forum 5 - Tuesday 6 November, 6.30-9pm Venue: GNG Football Club Leicester, Riverside Football Ground, Braunstone Lane East Leicester, LE3 2FW
• Forum 6 - Monday 12 November, 6.30-9pm Venue: Sheffield United FC, Cherry St, Sheffield S2 4SU
• Forum 7 - Monday 19 November, 6.30-9pm Venue: Burnley FC, Turf Moor, 52-56 Harry Potts Way, Burnley BB10 4BX
• Forum 8 - Monday 26 November, 6.30-9pm Venue: Bradford City FC, Valley Parade, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD8 7DY
We expect all of these events to be full, so we would encourage you to book on-line as soon as possible. For any questions on these events please contact Kevin.Coleman@TheFA.com
Making Equals Slough
Slough Making Equals will take place on the 30th August at Slough and Eton School. The event which is supported by our Trustee Christine Ohuruogu will bring 100 young people together to help build bridges between local communities, develop skills and build a new generation of young leaders.
This month sees the start of Ramadan - fasting month for Muslims
The holy month of Ramadan started on the 17th May, a period of fasting and religious focus for millions of Muslims across the globe.
ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 Volunteer Opportunities
Register your interest for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 Volunteer Opportunities now Open!
Breaking Boundaries Apprentice Opportunity
Sporting Equals are working with Youth Sport Trust to deliver the 'Breaking Boundaries' project which uses the catalyst of cricket to bring different ethnic and faith communities together. This apprentice role will work with YST and Sporting Equals to help support this project across 5 cities.
Latest Active Lives Release
Headlines from the latest Actives Lives Data across ethnic and religious groups
Join our Head of Research at the 2018 Muslim Women in Sport Global Virtual Summit
Sporting Equals, Head of Research, Shaheen Bi will be talking about the empowerment of Black, Asian and minority Ethnic communities and in particular muslim women in sport and physical activity to enable greater access and inclusion. Her session will take place on Sunday 6th May at 6pm GB Time.