At Sporting Equals, we draw on research published by other organisations to inform our strategies, as well as commissioning some research and publications ourselves and in partnership with other organisations.
For more information please contact the Consultancy team at Sporting Equals by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone: 0121 777 1375
The most successful organisations in sport and physical activity are those that engage with the whole community, including black and minority ethnic (BME) groups.
The different perceptions, motivations and expectations of people from black and minority ethnic backgrounds can raise specific challenges for providers of sports, health and fitness activities. Facilities and services may need to be designed in ways that resolve potential faith or cultural barriers, and there is often a need for more relevant and better signposting and support.
Sporting Equals provides valuable insight into how to engage black and minority ethnic communities, with a range of proven resources, including toolkits, best practice case studies, factsheets and events.
Our Insight Team
- provides clear insight into trends and issues in black and minority ethnic communities
- provides innovative solutions to potential and existing barriers
- undertakes research, independently and in partnership with other agencies
- provides quantitative and qualitative information
- analyses existing research, from a black and minority ethnic perspective
- supports national research teams, with a black and minority ethnic perspective
- collates, interprets and disseminates relevant research in useable formats