Organisation Sport Across Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent (SASSOT)
Location Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent
Hours of Work
Salary & Benefits Voluntary
Closing Date 21 September
Sport Across Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent (SASSOT) is a high performing County Sports Partnership, bringing partners to work together to create active places and healthy lives through sport and physical activity. SASSOT is currently on a positive journey of change, with a new leadership team, completion of a governance review and ongoing redevelopment of a new strategy for 2018-2021. The aspiration of the Board is for SASSOT to become a progressive, adaptable and thriving organisation, with a visionary Board at its helm.
We seek a new Chair to help steer SASSOT through this exciting period of transformation so that it can continue to embrace the changing sport and physical activity landscape both locally and nationally. The role is voluntary. We are looking for someone who can provide strategic leadership and build upon our strong record of collaboration and engagement. If you are commercially astute and a strategic thinker, with personal sensitivity and able to communicate easily with all our stakeholders - then we would like to hear from you.
Among the main duties of the Chair (supported by the Vice Chair and Senior Independent Director) are to:
· Establish and provide strategic leadership of the Board of SASSOT;
· Lead the setting of the overall direction of the work of SASSOT;
· Enable the Board to achieve its potential and secure the long-term success of SASSOT;
· Be the public face of SASSOT, representing it and the Board to partners at appropriate events;
· Ensure that Board decisions are acted upon, that SASSOT is fit for purpose and that it achieves continuous improvement;
· Support and appraise the work of the Strategic Leads
· Ensure that development reviews / appraisals of the Board as a whole and of individual Board members are undertaken.
For further information contact our retained consultant at Campbell Tickell Kelly Shaw on 07900 363803, 020 3434 0990 or Radojka Miljevic on 0203 434 0975. A job pack is available for download at www.campbelltickell.com/jobs
No files available