Organisation The London Marathon Charitable Trust
Location London Bridge Area
Hours of Work Full Time (35 hours per week)
Salary & Benefits Dependent on experience
Closing Date 10 February
Who are we?
The London Marathon Charitable Trust is an independent grantmaking charity. Our mission is to inspire activity. We provide grants for facilities and opportunities that remove barriers to participation in physical activity and that encourage and enable more people to be more active, more often. Founded alongside the London Marathon in 1981, the majority of our income comes from the surplus generated by our trading company, London Marathon Events Limited, which organises some of the biggest and best mass-participation sports events in the UK, including the Virgin Money London Marathon and Prudential RideLondon. The Trust's income is growing and we will be distributing more than £10m per year. The total value of grants awarded by The Trust since its founding in 1981 is now over £77 million to more than 1,330 projects. Information about The Trust may be found on our website: www.lmct.org.uk
We are looking to recruit a full time Grants Officer. The Grants Officer would be joining an exciting team who are passionate about achieving our objectives by maximising the impact of our charitable investments. We have two major funding programmes. We primarily respond to requests for funding for facilities projects in London and Surrey, but we also support strategic partnership work across the UK. Grants Officers have the opportunity to work on both programmes.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
• To identify and support high calibre applications and to ensure that funded projects maximise their ability to deliver our objectives
• To assess applications on their feasibility, likely impact and sustainability and to make recommendations to the Trustees
• To oversee the implementation of projects
• To monitor and evaluate the impact of The Trust's funding
• To develop and maintain relationships with key partners at all levels
Skills and Experience
• Experience of managing a portfolio of projects, preferably in relation to physical and mental wellbeing, sports development and/or multiagency investment programmes
• Experience of reviewing and/or overseeing budgets, preferably for large scale projects
• Experience of strategic planning within a relevant environment
• Knowledge and preferably experience of grantmaking processes
• Knowledge and preferably experience of monitoring and evaluation
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, advocacy and influencing skills
• Excellent IT skills
• High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
• An ability to work with a range of stakeholders, internal and external, including senior staff, grantees, Trustees, policy makers and practitioners
• An interest in charitable activity and the work of The Trust
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• A team player with an ability to work flexibly in a busy environment
• A helpful and friendly attitude and demeanour
The role requires some evening and weekend working, including at events organised by London Marathon Events Limited.
Please apply with your CV together with a covering letter explaining why you're the right person for the role and your salary expectations here:
Closing date for applications: 10 February 2019. We anticipate that interviews will be held during the week commencing 25 February.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organisation. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.