- Full Time
Location: Primary location will be at Wales Golf headquarters, Newport with field work as required. Option for remote/hybrid working.
Hours: 35 hours per week (Full-Time)
Salary: £27,000 – £30,000
Closing date: 3rd March 2024
Do you have excellent communication skills and experience in media relations, social media, and content creation? If so, you might be the perfect candidate for the role of Communications Officer at Wales Golf, the national governing body for golf in Wales. As a Communications Officer, you will be responsible for promoting the vision, values, and activities of Wales Golf to a wide range of stakeholders, including golf clubs, players, partners, sponsors, and the general public. You will also support the delivery of Wales Golf’s strategic plan: Everyone’s Game, For Fun, For Sport, For Life 2023-2028, which aims to make golf more accessible, inclusive, and diverse.
Wales Golf’s ability to make an impact is underpinned by effective communications. Our audiences include golfers of all ages and abilities, golf club managers, political and strategic stakeholders, commercial partners and potential golfers. We use a diversity of channels to communicate with these audiences with the purpose of both engaging as well as advising and informing.
The Communications Officer will lead on the delivery of all communications in close collaboration and cooperation with the wider Wales Golf team.
Wales Golf is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Reporting to the Operations and Handicapping Manager, the post holders main duties & key responsibilities will be:
- Increase awareness and visibility of golf through clear and engaging messaging around the sport.
- Proactively manage and update the Wales Golf website and social media platforms with relevant, accurate and engaging content.
- Collaborate with the wider Wales Golf team to develop and implement a communications strategy and annual plan which delivers to key objectives.
- Work to, and as necessary, develop operating procedures, along with roles and responsibilities of all staff around communications.
- Coordinate, commission and work with the freelance Wales Golf designer, Press and Media consultant, photography and video, and commission additional agency and freelance support as necessary and appropriate.
- Manage the central communications budget in collaboration with the Operations and Handicapping Manager.
- Liaise with Board NED specialists as appropriate to enhance delivery of Wales Golf strategy.
- Develop a content plan and coordinate internal and external communications ensuring consistent tone, content and branding in line with strategic objectives.
- Source pictures and develop engaging videos to use on social media, the website and within presentations.
- To publicise and assist in the delivery of Wales Golf events.
- Increase the engagement with clubs and our members with all the services we offer such as ‘outstanding events’, ‘stronger clubs’ and ‘winning golfers’.
- Co-ordinate the promotion of Flexi Club.
- Co-ordinate and develop membership communications and liaise with other stake holders such as Sport Wales or the R&A, on additional communication projects.
- Promote our support and education programmes to all to ensure we continue to support and recruit ‘great people’.
- Support all Wales Golf Departments in their roles to activate national programmes.
- Planning and organising the Wales Golf Awards including securing venues, managing guests lists etc.
If you have the knowledge, desire and passion to contribute to the success of Wales Golf, please download the full role description and person specification from our website (www.walesgolf.org) under the “About Us” section.
To apply, please complete and return via email to email@example.com :
- the application form
- a full CV (strictly 2 pages maximum)
- the equal opportunities monitoring form
Closing date for applications: Sunday 3rd March 2024
Interviews take place: Week commencing Monday 18th March 2024
To apply for this job please visit www.walesgolf.org.