Location: Hybrid working. 2-3 days in an Access Sport office/ attending meetings or club sessions. 2-3 days homeworking. Based at one of the following offices:
- Access Sport Head Office, Bethnal Green,
London E2 6GG
- Access Sport Bristol Office, Bristol, BS8 1HP
- Access Sport Manchester Office, Manchester,
Hours of Work:35 hours per week, full-time. Core hours of 9am – 5pm
Salary & Benefits: Unpaid University Placement Role with Travel expenses
and mobile allowance
Closing Date: 10th December
Access Sport are looking for a Community Development Officer to assist the development of community sports clubs and groups to enhance their growth, sustainability and youth development aspirations.
The role will involve hands-on community development, volunteer recruitment, upskilling young leaders, assisting in the monitoring and evaluation of clubs/groups, promoting and supporting outreach sessions
and events, working within local communities to engage hard-to-reach young people, opportunity to coach and to support with administration and finance across the charity. The work will encompass the whole charity, but in particular, Changing Sports and Changing Places in London, Bristol and Greater Manchester.
This is an exciting opportunity for a sports enthusiast to gain practical experience in sport and community development at a grassroots level. The role will involve some office-based work alongside working directly with communities on the ground at club/site visits, meetings, training, outreach and events. Working hours: main working hours between 9am – 5pm (1 hour break). Some evening and weekend work will be required.
Core responsibilities will be within Changing Sports and Changing Places, however, we will endeavour for the Community Development Officer to gain experience across all areas of the charity. Key responsibilities
- Train, equip and support local coaches and volunteers to deliver inclusive activity at their community clubs.
- Carry out regular visits to clubs to strengthen partnerships, understand the clubs’ needs and aspirations, and capture monitoring data and information to evidence impact.
- Organise and coordinate club sessions, outreach and events to bring together schools and communities to celebrate inclusive sport and physical activity.
- Support the planning, delivery and administration of all Access Sport’s key areas of work.
- Ensure prompt collection of data from clubs and volunteers using our in-house data collection tools.
- Contribute to reporting requirements such as writing reports, creating case studies, films and news stories for website/social media.
- Support charity-wide administration, fundraising and finance.
- Assist in developing suitable resources and strategic documents that contribute to the growth of our areas of work and help to influence partners and stakeholders.
- Assist in managing existing relationships with key partners including councils, schools and youth service providers.
- Work alongside Access Sport’s Fundraising and Communications team
to support fundraising events and the development of our social media
How to Apply
To apply, please email Careers@AccessSport.org.uk and attach:
- A copy of your CV
- A covering letter that explains why you would like the role and demonstrates that you have the required skills, experience and personal attributes (no longer than 2 pages). Alternative formats are also welcomed e.g. video or audio.
- A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, which can be found here: www.AccessSport.org.uk/Join-the-team.
The deadline for applications is 10th December 2023.
Candidates who have been shortlisted for interview will be notified by 12th December 2023. All successful applicants would have received an offer of a placement by 22nd December 2023.
If you have any questions or would like to have an informal discussion
about the role please email Sue.Wheeler@AccessSport.org.uk
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@AccessSport.org.uk.