Location: Hybrid working. 2-3 days in an Access Sport office/ attending meetings or club sessions. 2-3 days homeworking. Based at Access Sport Head Office, Bethnal Green,
London E2 6GG
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week, full-time. Core hours of 9am – 5pm
Salary & Benefits: Unpaid University Placement Role with Travel expenses
and mobile allowance
Closing Date: 10th December
Access Sport are looking for a Fundraising and Communications Officer to assist with fundraising, communications and marketing within the organisation, as well as liaising with community development and delivery teams.
The role will involve assisting with event planning, developing content and communications for the organisation (including gathering stories, social media work, website articles, news reports), corporate partnership support, small funding grants support, supporting administration and finance across the charity as well as, hands-on support at community sessions and events. The work will link the fundraising and communications team with the delivery teams and on-the-ground delivery.
This is an exciting opportunity to not only have a positive impact by helping to provide sport and physical opportunities to underserved communities, as well as gaining significant fundraising, marketing and
communications and events expertise within the charity and sports for development sector. The role will involve some office-based work alongside working directly with partners and communities. Working hours: main working hours between 9am – 5pm (1 hour break). Some evening and weekend work will be required.
Core responsibilities will be within Fundraising and Communications Team, however, we will endeavour for the Fundraising and Communications Officer to gain experience across all areas of the charity. Key responsibilities include:
Fundraising and communications
- Assisting supporters of the charity to raise as much as they can through communications with them.
- Recording supporter data in an accurate way learning the Access Sport systems and processes.
- Assisting with fundraising and other events including sending invites, recording data, and communicating with attendees.
- Learning and implementing different fundraising channels, such as managing our sports events fundraising. Includes managing systems, logistics, and supporters.
- Working with the delivery team to gather stories from our beneficiaries, parents of beneficiaries, clubs and other partners to show the impact of our work.
- Contribute to the external communications of the charity including social media, and e-newsletters.
- Supporting the wider organisational teams where necessary Support activities and club sessions on the ground
- Working with and supporting the delivery team to collect quantitative and qualitative data for all areas of work
- Supporting monitoring and evaluation across all areas of work
- Helping to plan and support on comms for community sessions, club activities and events
- Support the planning, delivery and administration of all Access
Sport’s key areas of work
- Support charity wide administration and finance
- Assist in developing suitable resources and strategic documents that contribute to the growth of our areas of work and help to influence partners and stakeholders
- Supporting the delivery of Access Sport’s inclusion training
- Feed into charity and team meetings, internal reviews and planning discussions
- Assist in managing existing relationships with key partners including corporates, funders, councils, schools, and youth service providers
- Be an advocate and spokesperson for equality in sport both with the charity and across the sector
How to Apply
To apply, please email Careers@AccessSport.org.uk and attach:
- A copy of your CV
- A covering letter that explains why you would like the role and demonstrates that you have the required skills, experience and personal attributes (no longer than 2 pages). Alternative formats are also welcomed e.g. video or audio.
- A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, which can be found here: www.AccessSport.org.uk/Join-the-team.
The deadline for applications is 10th December 2023.
Candidates who have been shortlisted for interview will be notified by 12th December 2023. All successful applicants would have received an offer of a placement by 22nd December 2023.
If you have any questions or would like to have an informal discussion about the role please email Sue.Wheeler@AccessSport.org.uk
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@AccessSport.org.uk.